Zeptolab is the company behind Cut the Rope and it looks like they have a few new games planned for release in 2013. While the original Cut the Rope has been around for a few years now, it remains a popular game. We have also seen one follow-up which arrived as Cut the Rope: Experiments. Coincidentally, the Experiments title was recently updated.
Not to mention, Zeptolab also released the Pudding Monsters game back at the end of 2012. Putting the previous games to the side though, the remainder of 2013 should bring four new games from Zeptolabs. The co-founders, Efim and Semyon Voinov recently spoke with Polygon and detailed their upcoming plans, which look like they will begin in April.
While we have yet to see many details on the upcoming releases, the founders did mention that the title set for release in April will be a new Cut the Rope related game. They also spoke about the success of Cut the Rope noting that it had recently passed the 300 million download mark.
Aside from these four new titles planned for 2013, the company is choosing to focus on quality as opposed to quantity. In other words, it sounds like we can expect good things from Zeptolab in 2013. The founders also touched on the topic of platforms saying that their “first priority is always mobile” and they will “see if it makes sense to go to other systems.”
- Zeptolab’s Cut the Rope Gets the Greenlight for Android
- Cute Cut the Rope star Om Nom goes plush and gets a comic
- Cut the Rope: Experiments hands-on [Video]
- Makers of Cut the Rope announce next game called Pudding Monsters
- ZeptoLab has released the Cut the Rope follow-up Pudding Monsters
- Cut the Rope: Experiments update adds 25 all-new levels